Sunday, 24 March 2013

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Hello!  If you have not realised yet, I am a HUGE fan of Harry Potter and am on the last book in the wizarding series. Therefore, I only see it fitting to do a review on my favourite book of the Harry Potter series. Ps; SPOILER ALERT (if you haven't read the book, don't read the post!)

“Harry Potter has finally come of age, and finally started on his final journey to defeat Voldemort for good. The Dursley’s are forced to go into hiding so that Voldemort’s Death Eaters will not torture them for information, and Harry sets off with Ron and Hermione on a difficult quest to find and destroy the last of Voldemort’s Horcruxes. Only once those have been destroyed, Harry knows, can Voldemort truly be killed.”

Filled with action, thrills and danger, the book explores many themes as Harry, Ron and Hermione go on their quest to destroy the remaining horcruxes whilst going on the run. With trouble around every corner, dark forces threaten to tear them apart but ultimately, the three heroes stick together. JK Rowling describes settings and scenarios beautifully and so well that you can clearly picture the story as it unfolds in your head. The book also brilliantly reflects how the Harry, Ron and Hermione are literally willing to do anything for one another in order to remain in safety. Many love how the romantic relationships between the characters (in particularly Ron and Hermione) are carefully shown to blossom and eventually end well.  I am not one to cry at books, but this is one that definitely does and at the same time makes you smile. However, it is recommended that you don’t read this unless familiar with the rest of the series (preferably the rest of the books as well as the films).

Six years ago, when this was first published, my Dad went and bought me a copy on the day of its release. Although I was really happy, I was only eight years old at the time and did not quite understand the scale of the series. No matter how much I think, I cannot recall where I placed the book. Two years ago, after watching the last film at the cinema, I became fascinated by the series and was given a new copy for my fourteenth birthday. Now after reading all the books in the series, I have come to the conclusion that this is by far my favourite one.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.