Saturday, 1 June 2013

Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares

“Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favourite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right person to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? As they find themselves falling for one another on paper, they wonder if they would have the same chemistry in real life.  Can they connect in real life as well as they have through the pages of a red moleskin book?”

I found this book heart warming and very sweet. The characters seem so real that they could practically leap off the page. Throughout there are numerous burst of humour keeping up the Christmassy spirit. I love how Lily is cheeky and sarcastic where as Dash is quite honest and as the title says “daring”. It is great how the book can be dipped in and out of and is a very quick read. 

However I would not say that it is one of the best books that I have read and it could have done with a better plot structure with more twists and turns. There were also some points where I found myself having to put it down and go read something else out of quite frankly boredom. On the blurb it states “Fans of Stephen Chbosky and John Green will fall in love with Dash and Lily...”  I am a fan of both of these authors and I certainly did not fall in love with this book.
“I wish to believe.” A quote from Lily.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.