Sunday, 11 August 2013

Book Haul

I have never actually done a haul post before and the first time I saw it mentioned on someone elses blog I did have to google the definition. But I don't see a more appropriate time than now, when for the people who have signed up to Cat and Charli's Summer Reading Smackdown, we are now almost a week into the challenge and I have realised that my addiction to buying books has gotten rather out of hand. So I thought I'd show you the books I have bought in the past week.


It isn't actually this dark in my bedroom, it is just that I am still working out how to turn the flash off on my new Blackberry. Tuesday: The first book I bought was Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike. I have never actually read any of Pike's books and didn't ever really want to read the Wings series but this is different and so far gripping. This is also going to be part of a series but it I am rather disappointed by the fact that the next book doesn't come out until August 2014 - another year!
Friday: Then there are the two relatively smaller books that you'll see in the photographs. Sherlock: A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. After my friend lent me her DVD of the series I really started getting into Sherlock Holmes and this was only £1.00 in The Works. This is where I also bought Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I really loved the film of this and have been looking for quite a while for a copy of this book and so I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was only £2.00. I haven't actually ever read a Neil Gaiman book before and so am curious to see what his writing style is like.
Saturday: Following on from that, a few days later I purchased Undone by Cat Clarke. In the past week I have done reviews on Clarke's two other books Torn and Entangled and I have desperately wanted to buy this for sometime after awkwardly standing in the corner of WhSmith's reading it for weeks on end and I am really looking forward to properly getting into this book.
Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.