Friday, 17 January 2014

Winter Book Wishlist

The last time I did one of these posts was back in September, which seems like quite a long time ago now. Although I haven't read two of the books I featured, I did read Divergent last month and absolutely loved it and don't have enough praise for the book.



Fan Girl by Rainbow Rowell
Cath is a Simon Snow fan. Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan, but for Cath, being a fan is her life—and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.
Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.


I desperately want to read this - another book by Rainbow Rowell. Last Sunday I finished Eleanor & Park and was left utterly speechless. I've heard from other bloggers and booktubers that Fan Girl is considerably more happy and upbeat. The way Cath is sort of reminds me of how I am with Harry Potter and so I definitely need to read this soon!

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
HERE IS A SMALL FACT - YOU ARE GOING TO DIE. 

1939. Nazi Germany. The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier. Liesel, a nine-year-old girl, is living with a foster family on Himmel Street. Her parents have been taken away to a concentration camp. Liesel steals books. This is her story and the story of the inhabitants of her street when the bombs begin to fall.

DEATH WILL VISIT THE BOOK THIEF THREE TIMES.

This is a book that I want to read, or at least I think I want to read it, but I don't want to at the same time. A lot of people love this book and I have heard so many great things about it, on top of that, a film is going to be released in the next few months which I really want to see. Sadly I already know what happens due to a friend accidentally telling me, but I want to read it anyway. It is something that I believe would be in some ways painful to read but it's something I definitely want to give a go.

Geek Girl: Model Misfit by Holly Smale
Harriet knows that modelling won’t transform you. She knows that being as uniquely odd as a polar bear isn’t necessarily a bad thing (even in a rainforest). And that the average person eats a ton of food a year, though her pregnant stepmother is doing her best to beat this.What Harriet doesn’t know is where she’s going to fit in once the new baby arrives. Because, this time, Harriet knows what a broken heart feels like.

Last week I finished Geek Girl and as I said in my review of the book, I had no idea how impressed I would be with the story. It was incredibly witty and detailed in a sense that I constantly wanted to keep reading and reading. Geek Girl left me with so many cliffhangers that I just have to find out what happens. I'm sure that (hopefully) Model Misfit will be just as good.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.