Saturday, 15 March 2014

Fairytale Survey.

Pinocchio – The boy whose nose grows when he lies.
Is there are book you lie about, because you feel ashamed for liking it?
I don't lie about how I feel about books. No one should be ashamed of books that they like. Well, except unless they've read 50 Shades of Grey. Shame on you!

Beauty and the beast – The girl who fell in love with personality.
Which book do you love that has a hideous cover?
Hmm.... Torn by Cat Clarke - this was one of my favourite books last year and it was just amazing. It isn't necessarily that the cover is hideous but I just don't like the idea of a huge face dominating the cover. It kind of scares me...

Snow white – Hunted down for her beauty.
Do you ever buy a book based on the cover alone and if so, what is the last one?
Yes... The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan. Beautiful cover, terrible book.
Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike. Stunning cover, stunning book.

Sleeping beauty – Cursed to sleep, awakened by true loves kiss.
 What is your favorite book couple?
Ron/Hermione. They have been my favourite book couple ever since I saw their kiss in Deathly Hallows Part 2 - that was the day I developed my love for Harry Potter. To me, they are truly perfect.
         

Little Mermaid – Gave up on her old life for love.
Do you ever branch out to new genres or do you like to stick with the ones you know and love? If you try new things out, what is the latest book?
I don't have a set genre that I always read. I like to try a bit of everything except the things that are mentioned on my review policy. There will always be a book in the genre you love with a story you hate. 

Cinderella – Who lost her shoe after midnight.
What is the last book that made you stay up all night?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I didn't stay up late to read it but I read it from 12pm - 4pm in the holidays just desperately wanting to find out the ending.

Rapunzel – locked up in a tower.

What is  the worst books you’ve read last month?
The Lovers Dictionary. Every book I read last month was good but that was the one I gave the lowest rating to.


PART 2. MIX-MATCH.

Aladdin – The poor boy who found a genie.
What is the latest book treasure/gem you found?
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. A new favourite of mine.

Alice in Wonderland – The girl who fell through a rabbit’s hole. 
Which book made you really feel like you landed in another world?
Harry Potter. For obvious reasons.

East of the sun and west of the moon – where a girl embarks on a journey to save her love.

Who is one of your favorite kick-ass heroines?
Hermione Granger from J.K Rowling's Harry Potter. She is potentially my favourite character ever. To me, although a lot of people will say this, Hermione is my definition of a heroine.

The Frog Prince – where an enchanted prince becomes human again.

What is a book you thought you would hate, but end up loving?
Anna and the French Kiss. I'm not one of those people who loves fluffy books that people would normally associate with teenagers, but this really, really impressed me.

Hansel and Gretel – left alone in the woods and captured by a witch.

Which duo (sister/sister, brother/sister) is your favourite and why?
This does mean siblings in books doesn't it? If so then obviously I have to chose Ron and Ginny. Although they don't have a lot of scenes together in the books when they do the conflict or the friendship between them is brilliant.

Little Red Riding Hood – almost eaten by a wolf dressed as her grandmother.

What book disappointed you after falling in love with the cover and blurb?
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. I think I may have another crack at it closer to Christmas  but I was just really disappointed with it on the whole.

Rumpelstilskin – nobody knows his name.

Which book do you love that doesn’t get enough attention?
Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike. How many times have I said this I wonder? It really deserves so much credit as whilst it's excruciatingly complicated the story was simply wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.