Saturday, 2 August 2014

July Book Haul


The bear pretty much sums up July's reading...

The only book I actually bought in July is probably my favourite out of all of these - Landline, yes, Landline by Rainbow Rowell. As soon as this was published I found myself scouring Waterstones for a copy, and just when I was about to give up on finding one, to my delight there was a large pile in the corner. Normally I wouldn't buy hardbacks as they are SO expensive, but apparently this doesn't come out in paperback for a long time so it wasn't worth waiting. Needless to say that Landline was quickly devoured and was spectacular to say the least.

As part of a book swap, I also received Fearsome Dreamer by Laure Eve from Fionnuala at Books For Birds. Unfortunately, I haven't got round to reading this one yet, but as someone who is looking to read more YA fantasy, this sounds excellent and hopefully I'll get round to reading it this summer.

The next three books I received were from the amazing Cat from Through A Cat's Eyes. Mentioning of a book clearance I offered to buy some from her and thus got Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, August by Bernard Beckett and Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen. So far, the only one I've read is Someone Like You, but I'm hoping to take the other two to London with me next week.

Finally there is Valentine Joe by Rebecca Stevens. We discussed this book a while I go and she kindly offered to send it to me once she'd finished reading it. This centers around World War 1 in Belgium, and so having been on a trip to Belgium recently to see the war graves - including that of Valentine J Strudwick (who the book is based on) it meant a lot to me. It wasn't what I expected, but I enjoyed it and would certainly recommend this for anyone who likes history.

I was additionally sent Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist but I've decided not to feature it in this haul due to passing it on to someone else soon.

Thank you so much to Fionnuala, Cat, and Amber once again.

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.