Sunday, 16 November 2014

Soulmates by Holly Bourne:: Review

SoulmatesEvery so often, two people are born who are the perfect matches for each other. Soulmates. But while the odds of this happening are about as likely as being struck by lightning, when these people do meet and fall in love…thunderstorms, lightning strikes and lashings of rain are only the beginning of their problems.


THE ANGER. SO ANGRY ABOUT THIS BOOK.

Generally speaking, I don't get angry when I finish a book. If I don't like it, then I may be a little disappointed, but that's it. Soulmates was different. With Soulmates, I wanted to throw the book at the wall. That never normally happens.

Soulmates is about Noah and Poppy, two people who in a chance meeting, happen to be Soulmates. 

Now, I don't really have much to say about this through the build up of anger, but the main problem that I had was that this was ridiculously cheesy. I know it's called Soulmates and the title in itself can be considered cheesy but everything about this was just like reading a very bad script for a very bad rom com.
There are just parts of this that are incredibly frustrating because the characters aren't particularly well developed and although there is this twist that is building up throughout the book, it is very vague and not too shocking, so call me heartless but I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

One thing that did secure this book just a single star, which is more than it would have got had I not thought about this little thing - Poppy was a sufferer of Panic Attacks. Panic Attacks aren't often brought up in YA, just like a lot of things enveloped in mental health and as someone who does suffer from Panic Attacks, this was something that was really interesting to read about and something that was really appreciated.

Pretentious, and just too predictable overall.



Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.