Sunday, 7 December 2014

November Book Haul





Only 5 books. I'm actually rather impressed.

I may have counted wrongly, but there was a significant reduction in the number of books I bought this month - which is good Christmas-Shopping-Wise. I also started to buying more books in Charity Shops too, leading to me saving a lot of money. The fact is that the charity shops near me don't have a lot of books targeted at a Young Adult market, but they did have some adult books that I'd been dying to read, so those are the ones I'll talk about first.

You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher was £1 in Scope, and was in perfect condition aside from the cracked spine. This was my first read of November and I adored it. Given that this was released only this year, I was so pleased to get this so cheap. Fletcher's other book, Billy and Me, was my last purchase of the month in the British Heart Foundation when I got into town too early when meeting my friend. If you didn't know already I'm a huge fan of McFly, and Giovanna is Tom Fletcher's wife, so I've felt the need to read these two books for a LONG time now.

 The final charity shop book is One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner which I found in Oxfam Books. This is about 3 different people whose lives become changed and connected when a man dies on their commute into London. One Moment, One Morning is a book that I've had on my Goodreads to-read shelf for 2 years now and had never seen it in a single bookshop, so although it's not in an excellent condition, I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote is the first Penguin Modern Classic I've ever bought, and it was purchased in a moment of desperate need to find something to read. After talking to Ruby from Feed Me Books Now about recommended short classics, she suggested a few titles, including this book. Breakfast at Tiffany's is about Holly Golightly (played by Audrey Hepburn in the film), an eccentric, wild young woman with a mysterious past living in New York - sounds a little odd I know, and I didn't particularly enjoy the book, but I feel like this is something I'll appreciate far more when I'm older than 15.

Finally I have Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld. Afterworlds is split into two interweaving parts - Darcy's story of publishing her first novel entitled Afterworlds, and Lizzie, the main character in Darcy's novel. At 600 pages, this is an incredibly long book and only for those with a great amount of patience. and a lot of time on their hands. 

So that is November's book haul! I try and maintain some sort of continuity in my book haul photos but the location in which I normally photograph them was rather dark today, but I think for now my sunny window sill will do.

Have you read any of these books? Let me know in the comments!

Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.