Wednesday, 24 June 2015

I'VE MISSED READING:: [TBR]

I've not read a book since April. 
My first exam was on April 30th (Art), and the sudden realisation of the fact that GCSEs were around the corner kicked in. The fear of exams meant I couldn't focus on reading, anytime I did try reading, I would feel sickened with the worry of exam pressure and revision. So... I stopped.  It was for the best. Now I can see how there was no way I could have attempted to enjoy a book whilst everything else was hanging over in a fluffy, dark cloud. Now that I'm free (I'M FREE!!!!), I've composed a TBR for the summer. 






Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill// We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach// I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson// Solitaire by Alice Oseman

Only Ever Yours and Solitaire are both for YALC next month (I CAN GO!!!!) And the other two are books I've just been dying to read. Also, We All Looked Up has been compared to The Breakfast Club meets Seeking a Friend for the End of the World in book form; how does that not sound like a fun time?! Well, apart from the asteroids.

 All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher - Ever since I met Carrie at a signing in early May, it's been on my mind that this would be one of the first books I'd read after finishing my exams. This is a book where I want to be in the right frame of mind and stress free to read and absorb. 

The Catalyst by Helena Coggan - Now, this is a tricky one as, I'm not desperate to pick this up. Actually, it was a very unexpected arrival. Hodder & Staughton gifted me with this book (I'm guessing it's a gift as there was a note saying "with our compliments"). Paper Fury's review of this has persuaded me to read The Catalyst sometime soon!




To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - Gee from The Books Bandit and I are buddy reading this book in mid-June, so that should be exciting. It sounds cute, fluffy and like a good way to start a summer of reading 

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - [I've now read this. I cried.]
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - Had this since February, but bought it with I Was Here, and wasn't up for too many suicide-y books in one go. 

The reason I don't ever do TBR's is because I'm awful at sticking to them. Being a mood reader, my reading plans can easily change. But I've got an 11 week summer, so I'm sure I'll be able to get through these. There is also the BookTubeathon from July 27th- August 2nd which God help me as I've never participated in a readathon before. It'll be interesting.


What are you planning on reading this summer?

Holly x

8 comments:

  1. I totally understand the not reading when exams are close by. It happens to me all the time! I'm glad you are back to reading and I hope you enjoy all those wonderful books you have on your tbr.
    Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being done with GSCE! I'm totally done with mine and hopefully im heading to uni next year :)

    These books are amazing & soo pretty! I want them all right now.. I love colorful books SO much, amazing content as well hahaha

    It's awesome that you've met Carrie! She's the sweetest human being and I'm jealous hahaha

    HAPPY READING♥

    - Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Congrats to you too :)
      Carrie's a lovely person, and it's great that she's equally sweet in person as well
      HAPPY READING!

      Delete
  3. I'm awful at sticking to TBRs too, mostly!! XD I just read whatever is highest on my stack...ommmg but you've got some gorgeous looking books here. I BAWLED in All the Bright Places. It really hit me hard. And I'll Give You the Sun was awfully beautiful, but sad, but beautiful. :') YAY THE CATALYST!! And that hardcover is beautiful looking! I'm glad I'm sort of convincing you to try it. ;-) I toootally want to know what other people think because I feel like the only person who's eaten it.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it just depends on setting yourself goals but not feeling too bad if you don't read them all. Thank you!! It was purely coincidental that the colours all go together so well.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. ALL I KNOW NOW : is so good I can't wait for Carrie's next book!
    I'LL BRING YOU THE SUN - IS A MAJESTIC AND BEAUTIFUL AND MAGNIFICENT BOOK YOU NEED TO READ IT ASAP
    TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE - i liked this book, but it wasn't amazing - just a nice fluffy read - which if you're in the mood for, is awesome.
    ONLY EVER YOURS - is breathtaking and scary and aMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the Other Side sounds SO GOOD!!!
      IGYTS is near the top of my reading list.
      I've read Only Ever Yours Now (Which was phenomenal!) and TATBILB, which was fluffy, and felt very tumblr-esque, but it wasn't great.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.