Saturday, 16 April 2016

Gone Out. Back Soon




Yep. It's come around again.

It doesn't feel like very long since I was last saying this. But we're back again, in exam hell. Thankfully, at AS Level, I have less exams than I did at GCSE last year, and, to my relief, they're all over the course of 20 days instead of 2 months like in 2015. But that doesn't mean there's any less work, and I reckon that by the time this goes live I'll still be tearing my hair out over something or other - even if I spend ridiculous amounts of time revising. 

So, I'm taking a break. From social media, and from blogging. I adore writing here, and over the past few years it's become one of my greatest creative outlets, however sometimes you need to stop, and set aside the things you love doing for the things that give you a future you love. Now, even more so than last year, as much I'm spending so many hours on studying, I'm scared. I'm scared that I won't get the right grades, and these are grades that universities will see when I apply in the autumn. Exams first. Blogging second. 

I'm not quite sure when I'll be back yet, but my last exam is on May 31st, so it will be soon after that. A few posts have been scheduled so go live between then and now, but it will be the blogger-reader interaction that will be gone for now at least. I won't have time to visit other blogs or reply to responses here or on other platforms. My reading has also slowed down, which I hate, but has to be done. Without reading, I don't generate new ideas, so taking a break is a necessity. 

Good luck to anyone else who has exams too. Hopefully the ceasing of online presence between now and June will be worth it - because I have so many different posts going live over the summer. Anyway, I'll see you soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.