Thursday, 2 February 2017

Oh, the Places:: London


I've always thought London to be the epitome of adventure. It's that place across the country that offers a realm of rich expeditions. A treasure trove of history and culture. Living in the UK, it feels (and is often true) that everything is in London, which is disappointing. I live on the other side of the country, meaning that most of the events which I'd want to go to are inaccessible, and trips to London are few and far apart. November brought a twist in the tale, with an unexpected invite to the European premiere of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Over the course of five days, a spontaneous excursion to the capitol was planned. 

This is 24 hours in London...





This is merely a slice of London, covering Euston, Kings Cross, and Leicester Square. It's a snapshot of this beautiful and vibrant city which I hope to continue to explore over the near future... at least twice more in 2017 is planned... as you will see in the near future, and once is also planned in 2018. Hopefully with each of these encounters, I'll be able to cover more of this city which I have a burning desire to keep on searching. 

For more on this wild adventure, check out my posts on the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them premiere, my Fantastic Beasts review, and my recap of the incredible year that was 2016.


Oh, the Places is a series of posts in which I recap through photographs my travels, both expected and surprising across countries, cities, and seas. Consider these field notes from a wonderlust-filled student desperate to see more of the world than her small English city. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I'll be visiting the U.K. (london specifically) next week. What would you recommend that I see first? Your post has me enlivened and more excited about my trip than I had been before!

    These photographs are some lovely reminders of what sounds like a lovely time.

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate every comment and do my best to provide a response.